Add more WP actions and filters
- Following WP actions would be great additions to integrate other plugins or custom logic:
- unconfirmed subscriber was created
- subscriber confirmed opt-in
- subscriber details updated
- subscriber was added to list
- subscriber was removed from list
- subscriber custom field was updated
- an email was sent to a subscriber
- subscriber opened an email
- subscriber clicked a link in an email
- And following WP filters that allow us to sanitize/modify content:
- save custom field value to DB
- get custom fields for manage-subscription-page (to allow us to sort/change labels or even remove fields from a form/page)
- newsletter full body rendered (like the filter "mailpoet_rendering_post_process", but after shortcodes were rendered, with $subscriber details)
- generate newsletter subject (allow us to customize the subject via a filter)
Note: Most of those actions aim towards the Automation feature-request and allows developers to customize the Subscriber workflow.
The Filters allow us to customize the contents of the emails, based on user interaction.
Sample use cases that I want to implement using those actions/filters:
- User opened an email but did not click the link: I want to add an extra sentence in the next email, via the filter.
- User was added to a list: I want to automatically generate a one-time-discount code for that user and store it in a custom field.
- The Manage-Subscription page should not display the custom field with the discount code, as the user is not allowed to change the value.
- User received two emails without opening them: I'd like to modify the email subject of the third email
Would love to see hooks that would allows us to automate processes based on user activity. Increases marketing and gamification opportunities.
MP should just copy what MailChimp has. I particularly need "was not sent" x and "did not open" for retargeting.
Ben Ball ♿️
I would love to have more API capability especially "User was added to a list: I want to automatically generate a one-time-discount code for that user and store it in a custom field."
Hi, any news on this? I need it as well.
marked this post as